GAAAH! this drawing is making me insane!!!
All I'm trying to do is making some simple scorched effect on the side closest to the sun, but no, everything I try ends up looking fugly!
Anyway, this is v.2 of my on-going planet project, and will be the last update before i hopefully finish it. And as I explained above I'm having a bit of a problem with just that. Normally i would have looked up a tutorial or something, but as this a "bowl" formed planet and not a sphere, I'm having a bit of a problem using the same techniques.
If anyone have some tips and tricks that could help me out it would be much appreciated!
whats left to do...
- Add a scorched effect on the right side
- darken the skies and make volcanic activities on the dark continent closest to the sun
- a more "exciting background"
- remake the broken pieces of the planet that previously floated around it.
- I was wondering if I will add some strange light emitting from the darkened continent to the left. (may work something out with it in the story)